Gentle as a cloud I moved, through the hustling life of mankind
I saw things in life pass by; each held a meaning in its heart...
Every breath had something to utter to this cruel & unkind world
I stopped a while at Feelings' home & saw things I could'nt understand
As Time took me in her wings, I realised things of past
Sadness came to meet me, but I had no room for her
I moved on to a green pasture, owned by Hope & Progress
As I paced around Hope, I saw valleys & hills
I went through them & there I met Failure, whom I'd heard of
She took me to a place of rest, named Shattered Dreams
A long gestations it was, & Time asked me to move on
I went further up & there I met Wisdom & Understanding
They took me to their humble abode & gave me lessons to abide by
I went along with Confidence & desired to move on
On my way to life of mankind, I met many folks...
I met Joy, I met Sorrow & I met Cheerfulness & Despair
Each of them told me to move on & I finally reached my destination
I saw all the feelings I was accustomed to - Joy, Sorrow & their relations
One day as I was passing by, I saw a little girl weeping...
I inquired of the reason & she told me "Sorrow had come my way & took my friendship away"
I hadn't met Friendship before - I knew not of it
I tried to console her but it was in vain... She said "All I need is a companion" and went way
One fine day she had a guest, I found her not happy, yet she seemed satisfied...
Then I never saw her again...
I asked others about it & they told me, "It was Death who visited her & she went away with him"
I hadn't met Death either & I knew not what it was
Further I went on my way, to choose a place to stay...
I found no lodging & so decided to sleep on the sidewalk
As I was about to do so, a gentle hand touched me
I opened my eyes & saw a beautiful creature before...
Amazed I asked it "Who are you & what have you to do with me?"
In its sweet & pleasant voice it replied "I'm Friendship of whom you might have heard,
I've been searching for you all my life... where had you been?"
As I conversed with Friendship I realised how sweet it was...
But then came to my mind the little girl...
I inquired of Friendship why it deserted her & it replied,
"I don't desert anyone, each of you choose to run away from me...
Not my fault but of each of yours who leave me behind"
I pondered over what it said & it did seem right to me...
I thought back of all whom I'd met & then I knew there was one more whom I had to meet..
Once again Time came up to me & said "I'll surely bring the last person you have to see,
But that'll be when I feel right"
I thanked Time for being so good to me & I continued my journey
To meet Wisdom once more & to prepare to meet the last person - Death
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment