This proud heart will bow to none
Not for anything under the sun
You can accuse me & can hate me
And that wouldn’t bother me
He wanted me to give in to his words
But I would'nt stoop to being his slave
He struck me again & again & yes it did hurt
But this proud heart couldn't show it
I stood upright as pride & strength would allow
Now when my punishment was over, I walked right past all authority
You can hurt my body but you will never have my heart
Was the message etched on my face clearly
The spirit of fighters about whom I was taught
Brimming to top as I walked head up
The pride of my heart so well composed
One look on my face you would know it all
Yet now as I think back of it all
wonder what my teacher thought,
When a five year old marched down the hall
Head held up, marching with unbroken pride!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment